Lawrence S. Pertillar
Dismissed To Be Kicked To The Curb
Frivolous and trifling actions,
Should not be condoned...
Between 'adults' appearing to be grown.
Yet an acceptance of this does exist,
In some environments beset by many...
Childish in mind and confined to limitations.
And determined to prove,
They can re-act immature like the children do.
Some who have aged and have earned this status,
Are not going to tolerate ignorance...
With a thoughtfulness that has been absent,
Of an idiot conditioned and still cemented...
In times when their actions by others were consented.
But today too much silliness should be seriously prevented.
Folks stuck in dispositions they can not give up,
Should be dismissed to be kicked to the curb.
Comprehending an explanation,
To connect the dots...
Would not for them establish to provide a benefit.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dismissed To Be Kicked To The Curb by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- To Neilburg, Trevor Toews
- The New Norm, Michelle Dragonfly
- Context, Trevor Toews
- Love Stoned, Electric Lady
- The Guardian, Trevor Toews
- 'I Love You, I Love You.', Michelle Dragonfly
- Screams In The Dark, Michelle Dragonfly
- Christmas Haiku, Mr. Nobody
- Problems, Michelle Dragonfly
- Busy, Michelle Dragonfly