Through the rain of despair and hollowed heart.
Treads my shadowed possibility torn apart.
In vain I chase my ruin so sweet the taste.
Never knowing my efforts will be such a waste.
I can hear the crashing surf on distant shore
Knowingly hiding from what I am searching for.
This ship of folly on a course with no port of call.
Eaten by barnacles and weathered by the squalls.
Through it all quit never crossed my mind.
Even though failure ripened on the vine.
I picked the fruit and cast the stone.
Captured the devil acquired his throne
Gave my all winning nothing in return.
Servicing the shadow nothing learned.
Certain tomorrow brings sunny skies.
Certainty is just another word for lies.
jack green's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Disillusioned by jack green )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison