Racism a nasty word
that conjures thoughts
of oppressive deeds
made by man because
Discrimination another one
that binds our minds
and sharpens tongues
because of some elitist thought
that's unjust and plainly wrong.
Fighting wars because of God?
Trampling on the underdog.
But we have legislation
to banish discrimination.
is the current phrase; our incantation.
The rules and laws
are needed where
some of us would dare
to think in ways that denigrate
others on this Earth; our place.
Racism? There is just one human race
no matter what form the face.
a faculty we all posses
to separate what's bad from best.
Discrimination would be good
if it were used for what it does;
revealing what unites ALL of us.
David Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Discrimination' by David Taylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode To The Iroko Dryad, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- What one should not do jn the learned as.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- I Got Lost in Your Eyes, Hebert Logerie
- Crawling Into Bed, Michael McParland
- Prime Truth - 95, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland