Diomedes attacks and the Trojans recurve
black his panoply's crest, undulates on his gear
where the less brave of foes will disorderly swerve
by Athena he's blessed and she ushers his spear.
Dost his bravery dares to confront mighty Gods
and acclaim his immortal Olympian soul?
In victorious duels, was bestowed awards
'tis the ultimate scope and the hero's first goal.
Aphrodite and Ares he injured in vain
thus was driven away from his homeland's realm
on Italian soil, and established new reign
the Argive level-headed, will strengthen his helm.
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(Anapestic Tetrameter, first draft)
Comments about this poem (Diomedes attacks by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah
- Words Worn-Out, Birgitta Heikka
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira