Diomedes attacks and the Trojans recurve
black his panoply's crest, undulates on his gear
where the less brave of foes will disorderly swerve
by Athena he's blessed and she ushers his spear.
Dost his bravery dares to confront mighty Gods
and acclaim his immortal Olympian soul?
In victorious duels, was bestowed awards
'tis the ultimate scope and the hero's first goal.
Aphrodite and Ares he injured in vain
thus was driven away from his homeland's realm
on Italian soil, and established new reign
the Argive level-headed, will strengthen his helm.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(Anapestic Tetrameter, first draft)
Comments about this poem (Diomedes attacks by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Levitation is Nothing New, Clayton Van Schaack
- Morning Song, Pijush Biswas
- Nightfall, Humphrey Bryant
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns