Diomedes attacks and the Trojans recurve
black his panoply's crest, undulates on his gear
where the less brave of foes will disorderly swerve
by Athena he's blessed and she ushers his spear.
Dost his bravery dares to confront mighty Gods
and acclaim his immortal Olympian soul?
In victorious duels, was bestowed awards
'tis the ultimate scope and the hero's first goal.
Aphrodite and Ares he injured in vain
thus was driven away from his homeland's realm
on Italian soil, and established new reign
the Argive level-headed, will strengthen his helm.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(Anapestic Tetrameter, first draft)
Comments about this poem (Diomedes attacks by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Largest house., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Tears Of A Rose, Electric Lady
- I am satisfied with this life, gajanan mishra
- Misogyny, Pius Didier
- Remember This., richard harris
- Animals are there, gajanan mishra
- Someday, Johnny Goyena
- Girl, He Never Loved You, Ronell Warren Alman
- Writing on the wall, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Poetry of Onkar Nath Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey