I am Thinking about dining and modern culture. Pigs eat, human beings were meant to dine amidst love and appreciation for the spiritual and the physical with one another in an attitude of gratitude. Modern urbanization, industrialization and fragmentation in this commercial fast food world have caused many to quit dining. i remember staying with my friends in Boston and one child was on a nook, another on a laptop, another with headphones on and another watching tv all eating off tv trays. This was a Christian family and losing the meaning and depth of dining. In retrospect i was raised by a good family. i was taught that eating together and the table ware were important and that edicot was more than mores and now i understand breaking bread together. i want to be with a woman who dines and understands the power of a kitchen or dining room table. joe
Joseph Narusiewicz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dining by Joseph Narusiewicz )
Did you read them?
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla