Dim the light
Dim the light come shining through
There's a picture a picture of you.
Sunshine in the morning, moon-lilting-night!
In the evening-tide-bright!
There's an angel a portal a vestal-of-white-light!
In my heart by my side and in my life
Oh she must be a gift heaven sent
A gift that can only be incorrigibly, right!
Because no-one could ever love her
More than me tonight!
Oh-love-locket, clasp-my-sea-pearl-soul, and heart
Within this her angelic-angel-light!
Oh tie-up all these loose lingering pearls like stars
Shining like pendent tears,
In the solar plexus churning of our hearts:
At these unearthly times I feel
I can still hear her singing old calypso songs
With an inner madness so surreal
It must be real..?
For the music it throngs for her love within me
It longs to be healed within me
It longs to be fixed like a broken seal
Awaiting, her prince's serenade her real deal.
Or it could all just be the starlight
Her ebony all enfolding-
Oh dim the starlight
Come shining through
Oh dim the starlight
The starlight, the starlight
Lit by you!
Oh my dancing, dazzling star
Don't dance so-far-away-from-me
You've got to encircle your mystic charms around me
Spin your cocoons of love and surround me!
Till I'm lost like a moth in a web of delirium,
Breaking-out of the light!
That holds me in the midst of your night...
A captive forced fed to feed
Until I can't be freed
From your love
Or even be bothered to breathe!
Without; the oxygen of your love...
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dim the light by Mark Heathcote )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Mike Teavee...", Roald Dahl
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Give To Me, Spiritwind Wood
- Language of Flowers, The Princess is
- Do You Know Who I Am, Spiritwind Wood
- The Reason, Spiritwind Wood
- Global Distractions, Tushar Ray
- Alive, Spiritwind Wood
- The Noble Mountain, Kevin Maroney
- The Vampire diaries, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Holding on & letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- A Dream True, Spiritwind Wood