Why did I put up with you?
For so many worthless years,
Hardly ever, made a dime,
Times; you brought me to tears.
All you ever did was run and eat,
Then rooted up all the ground,
When you were fat, time to sell,
Hog market, was always down.
How many times, did you escape?
Then whined about, getting back,
Always dug holes under the fence,
Coming in, can’t find the crack.
You broke me with the feed bill,
Wasting corn around the feeder,
Mice thrived happily underneath,
Ideal conditions, for the breeder.
Castration done in a muddy lot,
Water in winter always froze,
Pumping by hand a shallow well,
Rings must be kept in your nose.
I’m finished with you little imps,
Fifteen years was quite enough,
Looking back now, half a smile,
Raising pigs was mighty tough.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dilemma by G.R. Gaus )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- List Of Loneliness, Margaret Alice Second
- When I Was With My Father, Naveed Akram
- Sow Your Seeds, Naveed Akram
- we never cry, Cee Bea
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen