Why did I put up with you?
For so many worthless years,
Hardly ever, made a dime,
Times; you brought me to tears.
All you ever did was run and eat,
Then rooted up all the ground,
When you were fat, time to sell,
Hog market, was always down.
How many times, did you escape?
Then whined about, getting back,
Always dug holes under the fence,
Coming in, can’t find the crack.
You broke me with the feed bill,
Wasting corn around the feeder,
Mice thrived happily underneath,
Ideal conditions, for the breeder.
Castration done in a muddy lot,
Water in winter always froze,
Pumping by hand a shallow well,
Rings must be kept in your nose.
I’m finished with you little imps,
Fifteen years was quite enough,
Looking back now, half a smile,
Raising pigs was mighty tough.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dilemma by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson
- Desert-haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal