Different Life, s
Sitting on the top deck,
I watch the swirling lights,
shine brightly on the rain
lashed paines, late at night.
Staring into passing windows,
some dim, some bright.
I see, reflecting stores,
of different life's, different times.
The shapes echos tories
of what lies beyound,
each one different to behold.
Some warm, inviting.
others harshand cold.
Their differences intrigue me.
I paint a picture in my head,
using blocks of colours,
Some blue, some green some red.
Each one hidden
and out of sight,
Their secrets held,
within the mystery of the night.
Elaine Battersby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Different Life, s by Elaine Battersby )
- Will I With It Sit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- groundnut seller, umoh cyril
- imoremi, umoh cyril
- Palm's Greeting, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The land of the stars is the land of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- enjoy the silence.... in my fart, Jena Crowe
- Over-Ride, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Song, Blessing Ekpe
- Everyone Asks, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Sooner or later عاجلا ام اجلا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)