The Great Yogurt Hoax? Hmmm.
Yogurt not so good for you now as you once thought-
Soon we'll be told (by the experts) that anti-oxidants
Pare from your store, years;
That exercise is deadly (as in excess, it probably is) :
That however many heartbeats God, Fate or the Parcae allot you
Vitamins will decimate them;
That more doctors recommend Lucky Strikes than any other brand;
That as it was in the beginning, it is now;
Who ARE these experts, these scientists?
Who, besides you, pays them? And who do they work for?
Flimflammery showing the vagary of words-
How they can hypnotize, mean anything you please,
Pitched to the peanut-crunching crowd.
What has living taught me?
Relatively few results being reproducible,
Eat, live, sensibly, get enough sleep
Question the motivation of all comers
(Any with pat answers) and especially all
Claiming authority from a Source-
Such people are dangerous.
Believe but four the sum of two plus two,
That the good is the collective will of all, based on fairness,
Be merciful so's to expect the same,
And as quick to detect love as slight.
Admit the reign of the Gods or God
Who can be dedeuced but never known-
(Deduction what makes you human) :
For any God worth his salt, like the rainbow, can
Burst into seven or more colors
Or roll as one sea;
Throw all revealed texts quickly into the lake
Disbelieve in war, revenge, any other's bidding,
Allow everything in moderation, watch zero TV,
Allow everything instinctual, but check it with fairness
Look, look, look, then look some more.
And above all- take a vitamin-
It's good for the economy.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Desiderata II by Morgan Michaels )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Total Encompassing Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Notes Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living With Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Childhood Preparing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tempted, Electric Lady
- Sincerity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Explanations In Verse, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Coinciding Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rivers, Angela Khristin Brown
- (BOOK # 6) : Sheila And Clifford: BACK I.., Bri Edwards