Did you know that
Every idea you have
Is simply that? An idea
Encrusted with memories,
That somewhere in the world
There is someone holding
And defending with his life
Exactly the opposite idea?
That human truth is local?
That God is oblivious of all
And dispersed in the machine?
Hunger, thirst, pain,
Wakefulness, sleep, birth,
Pleasure and death-
These are the only realities
Defensible as pertinent to all.
Anyone who tries to tell you elsewise is
a lovely, well-intentioned fool.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Desiderata by Morgan Michaels )
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam