Derailed in Paradise
Almost forgotten are the days of sanity and tranquility
tersely interrupted by my stupidity.
Friends were close and life was safe
in my world of indelible grace.
Remembering long summer walks
Remembering long familiar trivial talks,
I yearn for a time of guiltless peace.
I long to rest in a slumber of ease.
I now live in ardent emotional degrees
where even my mind and heart disagree.
A tempest has raged within my soul
leaving behind a countless toll.
Not knowing where it began
and questioning if it will ever end
my heart is torn between friend and adoration
as I try to make sense of my surreal situation.
Tears begin my day as well as end.
O My heart pains that I make amends.
My prayers go answered, my petitions fall short.
Is there no solution but my life to abort?
To return to the days of sanity and tranquility
I would do in a heart-beat had I the ability.
O God of Heaven, God of Earth, God of my life,
Please heal me of this strife.
Psaltydog's Thoughts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Derailed in Paradise by Psaltydog's Thoughts )
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
- Marble Steps, Morgan Michaels
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
- Always, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- The condition again, hasmukh amathalal
- Oatmeal Omelet, Von Kimball Barney
- The condition, hasmukh amathalal
- Reason, Elia Michael
- Autumn Again But, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)