In the prime of our times
You left citing an obscure reason
Leaving the bird of mistrust
Shuffling its wings in the prison
Of my heart; where once your
Tear tainted face got engraved
In a page of my guiltless life
Promises broken were saved.
Who do you think is yours?
Your heart is full with ego and vain
Love died in the alter of wealth
When I bled and cried in pain.
A simple heart has been drawn
Into the sheer caprice of a beauty
Unaware of the tormenting sequel
For worshipping a false deity
I could have nourished new dreams
To lift me from inside the agonizing abyss; .
Believe me; no one would ever care for you
And would say ‘She is just an ordinary lass.’
Tiku akp's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Departure by Tiku akp )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov