There were some words more powerful than the sum of all these written today.
A king sought when a King led this King's chosen.
Sinful ways become new norms and mores every since back then.
How can one stray so far away from the unpopular writings of yesterday?
Men continue to pen prose to appease the dull, unloving, and corrosive hearts of men.
The unpopular writings of yesterday find their use when men athirst truth.
Whet the appetite for truth. Paint visions by pen that heightens the curiosity for more truth.
Let truth be the common popular language day by day.
Timothy Branch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Demotic by Timothy Branch )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Voyage, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Reflected In Mirrors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- zeros and ones, Tajudeen Shah
- Beat Of My Heart, Lydia Cunningham
- Tell - Tale Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Speculative Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Allocating Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Perfect You, Naomi Mith
- The Water, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Opened, Sade Bolaji