The moonlight casts a spell on your face
Is this sorcery, or saving grace?
It ripples through me,
through bones and sinews
nudging me at the edge of sanity.
Behold the fiery glare of the Demon in your eyes
I'm petrified, I'm bewitched, I'm terrified
by your flawless splendour,
your Devilish allure
I witness before me.
I am ever so timid, ever so cautious
to caress, to embrace
the Demon Moon upon your face
Blazing lust and fury
as your glance penetrates me
The piercing silence aches
with dire straits of temptation
My heart thrashes ceaselessly
I dare no more, and I close my eyes
to shield me from such perfection.
Our lips meet
I die and live again
The spell is lifted.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Demon Moon by Vincent Kuo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson