The moonlight casts a spell on your face
Is this sorcery, or saving grace?
It ripples through me,
through bones and sinews
nudging me at the edge of sanity.
Behold the fiery glare of the Demon in your eyes
I'm petrified, I'm bewitched, I'm terrified
by your flawless splendour,
your Devilish allure
I witness before me.
I am ever so timid, ever so cautious
to caress, to embrace
the Demon Moon upon your face
Blazing lust and fury
as your glance penetrates me
The piercing silence aches
with dire straits of temptation
My heart thrashes ceaselessly
I dare no more, and I close my eyes
to shield me from such perfection.
Our lips meet
I die and live again
The spell is lifted.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Demon Moon by Vincent Kuo )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR