By sorrowful waters I have long dwelt.
By the rushing of winds is where I have made my abiding place.
Turbulent ground, where ones bones turn to dust, is where I walk.
I know naught of the path I am taking, and ere I reach the end, I feel my doom is nigh.
The Ocean of Storms has caught up.
I thought I could put it off, yet it is fast approaching.
Oft have I wandered, in days long sped, the paths of darkness.
Why do I choose to walk with the Blind Ones? Did I not hearken to the wailing of the Beloved Ones?
The Night is chilling...
The Stars have grown pale...
I have been fooled by the delusional idea of waxing control, when in reality my strength wanes.
I yearn for the Days, the Days ere the frost fell upon me.
Ere the happy condition of the heart fled on forsaken wings.
Soren Valentine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deceitful Dreams by Soren Valentine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A NEW POEM TO HER, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Transition of Love, Peter LeBuhn
- Falling In Love (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Please, Sandra Feldman
- Falling, Ronald Chapman
- A New York Minute, william upton
- Shamble Bit-Wise, Richard Thripp
- Expat Living In South Korea (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Moonwaters, Midnights Voice
- i found joy in a wholesale store, Mandolyn ...