Death With Dignity Soon... Feb 3rd,2014
Our politicians avoid death-with-dignity like the plague,
They just avoid the subject completely and become very vague,
As if they themselves will never die so there’s no need to ask why,
And they have party instructions that seriously apply.
Binding referendums mean that politicians should share,
Power to the people but our politicians don’t really care,
And certain issues cannot be swept under the rug forever,
Though death-with-dignity cannot be discussed - never.
People try to avoid their deaths for as long as they can,
In fact, if people had their way, death would be banned,
And we would all live forever but this cannot be done,
But who knows, it would be nice and might even be fun.
And what terrible disease will eventually cause my death?
If we had death-with-dignity it could be avoided, you bet,
I’m not sure whether its religion or stupidity that has caused this,
And they are forbidden to read the Constitution of the Swiss.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death With Dignity Soon... Feb 3rd,2014 by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- It isn't easy!, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Am Third, Perry Biggerstaff
- The Nigeria Political Vampires, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Alack! Afore! Alack! Afore!, Dexsta Ray
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila