DEATH WITH DIGNITY... OCT 10TH,2013
What if I catch painful cancer and want to lie down and die?
If I took some diazepam; could I wave everyone goodbye?
Everything arranged so there is no problem with the law,
Therefore we need to change the law in case I need to withdraw.
But death with dignity is not politically correct yet,
Righteous politicians refuse to discuss this subject,
As if they themselves will never get very sick and die,
Locked into their own party agenda and we don’t know why.
If Oregon and Switzerland have this type of death, why can’t we?
If we were allowed a referendum, we would surely agree,
But these too are forbidden by our righteous up above,
Trudeau’s Charter of Rights gave us nothing to be proud of.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (DEATH WITH DIGNITY... OCT 10TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Smoking Euthanasia, Dexsta Ray
- Touch, Francis Wanyiri
- poet laureate i think, lee fones
- सोरनिबा आगान, Ronjoy Brahma
- Roaring ready to go…, Mark Heathcote
- why does this have to happen, Happy Hippie Girl
- Sadness Of Living, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Blackened Bronze, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Child of the South, Leah Ayliffe
- Progressive Yearnings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak