James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
DEATH WITH DIGNITY... OCT 10TH,2013
What if I catch painful cancer and want to lie down and die?
If I took some diazepam; could I wave everyone goodbye?
Everything arranged so there is no problem with the law,
Therefore we need to change the law in case I need to withdraw.
But death with dignity is not politically correct yet,
Righteous politicians refuse to discuss this subject,
As if they themselves will never get very sick and die,
Locked into their own party agenda and we don’t know why.
If Oregon and Switzerland have this type of death, why can’t we?
If we were allowed a referendum, we would surely agree,
But these too are forbidden by our righteous up above,
Trudeau’s Charter of Rights gave us nothing to be proud of.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem