DEATH WITH DIGNITY... OCT 10TH,2013
What if I catch painful cancer and want to lie down and die?
If I took some diazepam; could I wave everyone goodbye?
Everything arranged so there is no problem with the law,
Therefore we need to change the law in case I need to withdraw.
But death with dignity is not politically correct yet,
Righteous politicians refuse to discuss this subject,
As if they themselves will never get very sick and die,
Locked into their own party agenda and we don’t know why.
If Oregon and Switzerland have this type of death, why can’t we?
If we were allowed a referendum, we would surely agree,
But these too are forbidden by our righteous up above,
Trudeau’s Charter of Rights gave us nothing to be proud of.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (DEATH WITH DIGNITY... OCT 10TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- Ode To Peace, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Divine Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Dark chocolate, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colonization, gajanan mishra
- Coexisting, Kyle Schlicher
- Feelings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Let me tell a friend a story, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Our Fall خريفنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sufferings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MacDeath - From Zombie Apocalypse Poems .., Matthew Lawler
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)