DEATH-WITH-DIGNITY FOR YOU... FEB 12TH,2014
DEATH-WITH-DIGNITY FOR YOU … FEB 12TH,2014
Our politicians have turned their heads away again and again,
Their political party edicts say that there’s nothing to win,
The religious and politically correct, want to avoid this,
Therefore the elites think it is something like going down in an abyss.
Our appointed Supreme Court told Sue Rodriguez where to go,
And she could not die with dignity and she would have to kowtow,
It’s allowed in Switzerland but definitely not here,
And all death-with-dignity ideas will have to disappear.
Medically-assisted-dying could help when it comes time to die,
And we’re looking up at the ceiling or sky and we don’t know why,
This is in our future though some look away and try to deny,
Why is this so difficult to have legally applied?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DEATH-WITH-DIGNITY FOR YOU... FEB 12TH,2014 by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai