Who will be there to claim my body
When from this world I must pass?
Whose heaven becomes eternal hell
As I'm laid beneath the grass?
Whose hands will sadly clasp together
In prayer to the Lord above?
Whose heart will wither from grief because
Lora was his one true love?
Whose lips will quiver and call my name,
With tears streaming down his face?
Whose arms will reach out in deep despair,
Pleading for one more embrace?
Who, then, shall write the final tribute
I'll take into eternity?
A poem, perhaps, tucked into my soul,
Wrapped with love, will escort me
Who will stand by my grave in autumn,
When flowers give up their seeds?
Will I be draped in roses and ferns....
Or under a pall of weeds?
Do I know him, was his name revealed,
The man who would grieve for me?
Or will he stay unknown to my heart....
Then dead I would rather be!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death Wish by Lora Colon )
Did you read them?
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart