Who will be there to claim my body
When from this world I must pass?
Whose heaven becomes eternal hell
As I'm laid beneath the grass?
Whose hands will sadly clasp together
In prayer to the Lord above?
Whose heart will wither from grief because
Lora was his one true love?
Whose lips will quiver and call my name,
With tears streaming down his face?
Whose arms will reach out in deep despair,
Pleading for one more embrace?
Who, then, shall write the final tribute
I'll take into eternity?
A poem, perhaps, tucked into my soul,
Wrapped with love, will escort me
Who will stand by my grave in autumn,
When flowers give up their seeds?
Will I be draped in roses and ferns....
Or under a pall of weeds?
Do I know him, was his name revealed,
The man who would grieve for me?
Or will he stay unknown to my heart....
Then dead I would rather be!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death Wish by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Two Hands, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Elise, Daniel Karbon
- गोरबोनि हास्थायनाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- OUT OF ALL ALPHABETS من الابجديات, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- It's You Alright, jael mboga
- Nothing To Regret, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Automaton, Michael Mira
- Edge of Eternity, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Don't Let the Sorrow Dampen Tomorrow, Michael Mira
- Commonwealth War Graveyards, alexander opicho