Who will be there to claim my body
When from this world I must pass?
Whose heaven becomes eternal hell
As I'm laid beneath the grass?
Whose hands will sadly clasp together
In prayer to the Lord above?
Whose heart will wither from grief because
Lora was his one true love?
Whose lips will quiver and call my name,
With tears streaming down his face?
Whose arms will reach out in deep despair,
Pleading for one more embrace?
Who, then, shall write the final tribute
I'll take into eternity?
A poem, perhaps, tucked into my soul,
Wrapped with love, will escort me
Who will stand by my grave in autumn,
When flowers give up their seeds?
Will I be draped in roses and ferns....
Or under a pall of weeds?
Do I know him, was his name revealed,
The man who would grieve for me?
Or will he stay unknown to my heart....
Then dead I would rather be!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death Wish by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA