Death Waits For No One
Death waits for no one
But death where is your sting?
Even though we completely understand the reasons why,
death continues to silence us all, as we sigh.
Yes death creeps in as moments passes by,
unenviable, sadly it comes,
unexpectedly it waits for no one,
not even I.
“come follow me, ”
as I once read on a tomb
“come follow me to a place where your tracts are
Treading after me, is where you will end up to be.
And as death suddenly drenches the living in a deep gaze,
remember to use your abilities to laugh, smile, love
and above all praise.
For even though Satin through Adam and Eve
locked us up In chains,
God through Jesus ransom sacrifice released our pains.
Yes, death waits for no one, but death where is your sting?
“Where is your sting? ”
As we the living praise Jah,
in death we will silently wait for our King! .
Esther Ayala's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death Waits For No One by Esther Ayala )
- Decree's, Cee Bea
- A letter to a soldier., Harold R Hunt Sr
- 11 Days Before Christmas, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Who Are These Killers, Harold R Hunt Sr
- When I, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That night mother had no egg, Mark Heathcote
- Under my microscope's scrutiny تحت تمحيص.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Misunderstanding of Christmas., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Nothing Wrong., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Walk Not Alone, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)