Death Waits For No One
Death waits for no one
But death where is your sting?
Even though we completely understand the reasons why,
death continues to silence us all, as we sigh.
Yes death creeps in as moments passes by,
unenviable, sadly it comes,
unexpectedly it waits for no one,
not even I.
“come follow me, ”
as I once read on a tomb
“come follow me to a place where your tracts are
Treading after me, is where you will end up to be.
And as death suddenly drenches the living in a deep gaze,
remember to use your abilities to laugh, smile, love
and above all praise.
For even though Satin through Adam and Eve
locked us up In chains,
God through Jesus ransom sacrifice released our pains.
Yes, death waits for no one, but death where is your sting?
“Where is your sting? ”
As we the living praise Jah,
in death we will silently wait for our King! .
Esther Ayala's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death Waits For No One by Esther Ayala )
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
- Caught In the Crossfire, David Clinch
- Lonnie Donegan Stood, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)