Death of a Perfect Day
She smiles at me through crimson skies
with passion burning in her weary eyes.
This day has a perfect aura
A perfect sun, today to savour.
Each dying second gives a moment pause
Its almost time, she will not last.
This day will make a sure descend
and be replaced by a mistress's shadow soon.
Say your good-byes and wave to her now
A sudden end, no more time will allow.
The death of the day breathes life for another
Tommorow be blessed to see one other.
Another just as kind as she
still I fear it will not be
as the perfect one I knew
The sun may yet rise again
- Its the death of a perfect day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death of a Perfect Day by Godfrey Morris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Windermere, Paul Gerard Reed
- Vijay Vishal As An Indian English Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- American Bureaucracy, Darwin Henry Beuning
- An Old Man's Review.., richard harris
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan