Death of a Perfect Day
She smiles at me through crimson skies
with passion burning in her weary eyes.
This day has a perfect aura
A perfect sun, today to savour.
Each dying second gives a moment pause
Its almost time, she will not last.
This day will make a sure descend
and be replaced by a mistress's shadow soon.
Say your good-byes and wave to her now
A sudden end, no more time will allow.
The death of the day breathes life for another
Tommorow be blessed to see one other.
Another just as kind as she
still I fear it will not be
as the perfect one I knew
The sun may yet rise again
- Its the death of a perfect day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death of a Perfect Day by Godfrey Morris )
- 'Did I ever Exist? ', Ananta Madhavan
- Keep safe, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunshine, Hanh Chau
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
- Ongoing Mental De-Evolution, michael walkerjohn
- Crossroads Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Know Why Old People Are Sometimes Very.., Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)