Death Looks At Death
Death looks at death with a face
Stated from the start and sages find it.
Left alone, the room is loving an air
Of deadly silence, full of bad, eerie murmurs
After the quiet has elapsed.
Luckily, the burglar is away for the balls
Are even in favour.
There is nothing new. One made my peace
And exactly charged into the dark,
Playacting with an edge that died.
Left in the room was a burglar of death,
Walking slowly along the row of secondhand objects,
The best remedy was enough,
Loudly and clearly, lesser men grew quiet!
Why does the show go on regardless?
In any event, the theft storms and rages
Like a cloud in vengeance,
Dumber than the other emblems
Fixed in the sky of mountainous waste.
Wear the shoes of the stars, and the mountains
Collapse on the houses of destruction,
Their houses are ruined and fully home.
Death has been at my doorstep now that the rain
Has set in, for the final time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death Looks At Death by Naveed Akram )
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns