Death Is Not The Harvest Of Life
Swami Ramona Maharishi!
He lived a humble, holy life.
He blessed a lot; he cured a lot.
He lived without stress, without strains.
He suffered a terrible end.
Not yet ripe, he developed cancer,
Suffered repeated surgery
And died after two year agony.
Sri Sathya Sai Baba, His Highness!
A God incarnation, he claimed.
He healed all by super power.
He predicted the time of his death.
He died a decade earlier.
He suffered a horrible death
After two months intensive care,
When acute pain ruled him throughout..
Their way of life does not deserve
The type of end they were to get.
Their sufferings must have been worse
Than the most of their devotees.
What does it mean and signify?
Death is not the harvest of life.
Because you live a worthy life
You can’t ensure a painless death.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Death Is Not The Harvest Of Life by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- Baonw Haya Ang, Boro Brahma
- If People Were Pooches, Rachel LeBaron
- My heart needs a rest, Jesus James Llorico
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Met Tuckerpuppy and Twittermouse, Bruce Larkin
- Longings et. Al., Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- About Tuckerpuppy, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)