Death Is Not The Harvest Of Life
Swami Ramona Maharishi!
He lived a humble, holy life.
He blessed a lot; he cured a lot.
He lived without stress, without strains.
He suffered a terrible end.
Not yet ripe, he developed cancer,
Suffered repeated surgery
And died after two year agony.
Sri Sathya Sai Baba, His Highness!
A God incarnation, he claimed.
He healed all by super power.
He predicted the time of his death.
He died a decade earlier.
He suffered a horrible death
After two months intensive care,
When acute pain ruled him throughout..
Their way of life does not deserve
The type of end they were to get.
Their sufferings must have been worse
Than the most of their devotees.
What does it mean and signify?
Death is not the harvest of life.
Because you live a worthy life
You can’t ensure a painless death.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Death Is Not The Harvest Of Life by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Be young at heart, Nero CaroZiv
- And indeed death has a domain, Daisy Pereira
- Listening to the radio in the Afternoon, Angell Afinowi
- We Want Democracy, Now., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Cantus lacrimosus, Angell Afinowi
- Rest My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- Life's like a compote of the desserts, Mark Heathcote
- I fade away into the light, Anu Shraddha
- Neo-Classic Tasweer/Hindi/Urdu, Aftab Alam
- The awkward Moment, Angell Afinowi