Death Is Not The Harvest Of Life
Swami Ramona Maharishi!
He lived a humble, holy life.
He blessed a lot; he cured a lot.
He lived without stress, without strains.
He suffered a terrible end.
Not yet ripe, he developed cancer,
Suffered repeated surgery
And died after two year agony.
Sri Sathya Sai Baba, His Highness!
A God incarnation, he claimed.
He healed all by super power.
He predicted the time of his death.
He died a decade earlier.
He suffered a horrible death
After two months intensive care,
When acute pain ruled him throughout..
Their way of life does not deserve
The type of end they were to get.
Their sufferings must have been worse
Than the most of their devotees.
What does it mean and signify?
Death is not the harvest of life.
Because you live a worthy life
You can’t ensure a painless death.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Death Is Not The Harvest Of Life by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
Did you read them?
- People's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Every letter has its own address المكتوب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Forlorn, Katinka Havermans
- From Creation To Extravagance, Naveed Akram
- Everlasting, Michael McParland
- Lonely Only, Sunny Chopra
- When it comes to money, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Psalm V, George Herbert
- Open well., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Halloween Meant For Fun, Katherine Nordhaus
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)