James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
DEATH IS COMING... MAR 14TH,2013
DEATH IS COMING … MAR 14TH,2013
The obituaries now list too many people that I knew,
Some of them were old comrades and some were on the same crew,
Though some were senior officers with too much attitude,
Thought they were up near god because of their high latitude.
So death is really the great equalizer at the end of life,
No more health problems and no more attitudes and no more strife,
Though some religious types believe there is life after death,
But no one has ever come back from the grave, to prove it yet.
And death-with-dignity is not allowed by our very High Courts,
That's what they told Sue Rodriguez though no public support,
We should be able to arrange the date and time to die,
If we had binding referendums, we wouldn't have to ask why?
James Bredin's Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.