Death is curt, death is cold,
Death is new, death is old.
Death is no summer, death is no fall;
It is for one, it is for all.
It is no low mist, nor a dark cloud,
Donne is mistaken: death is not proud.
Death is a player in the stage-
It is man's reason for his age.
Death is a cause, it is a reason;
It is Life's changing season.
Death is one moment too long;
Death is one reason beyond.
Copyright © SC
5th March 1982
Subroto Chatterjee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death by Subroto Chatterjee )
- The Courage Of Shutting-Up, Sylvia Plath
- Eavesdropper, Sylvia Plath
- I See The Blessing Coming, Gbolagade Taiwo
- A Bowl Of Eggs, Naveed Khalid
- Crossing The Water, Sylvia Plath
- Morning Air, Leah Ayliffe
- An Abstract Art, Naveed Khalid
- Mary's Song, Sylvia Plath
- Amnesiac, Sylvia Plath
- The Jailer, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)