Is there another like you?
Your remembrance relived
Through dreams we walk again
Talking, jesting, laughing within
Is there another as true?
That confident smile
Lighting the hours in
Joy and in trial.
Is there another who's gone?
Eternity's realm journeyed
Forsaking here and now
To never return.
Your words are fresh and clear
If one searches will find
Etched in the chasms of
A wounded mind.
We speak and listen
In an obscure state
Of intentions undone
Time does negate.
A tribute to one who
Is like no other.
While striding this earth
I share with another
Marck Riggins's Other Poems
Topic(s): death of a friend
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dearly Imparted by Marck Riggins )
- My Friends (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Story of a postman, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Boy & his Lamb, narasanna n narasanna n
- Let Alone Me, Asma Riaz Khan
- The Unbearable, Lilly Emery
- My Childhood poem-3, soulful heart
- Nature Expresses Itself, Rohit Sapra
- I sold myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
- This Week's Spread, Jim Creston
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)