Is there another like you?
Your remembrance relived
Through dreams we walk again
Talking, jesting, laughing within
Is there another as true?
That confident smile
Lighting the hours in
Joy and in trial.
Is there another who's gone?
Eternity's realm journeyed
Forsaking here and now
To never return.
Your words are fresh and clear
If one searches will find
Etched in the chasms of
A wounded mind.
We speak and listen
In an obscure state
Of intentions undone
Time does negate.
A tribute to one who
Is like no other.
While striding this earth
I share with another
Topic of this poem: death of a friend
Marck Riggins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dearly Imparted by Marck Riggins )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Mousetrap, Herbert Nehrlich
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Y/.. A Restfull Mind, Aufie Zophy
- My bodyguard, Rob Spiering
- Green Shades Create a Meaning, Rohit Sapra
- Country Inn, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Mysterious guest., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht
- The snow makes me happy., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Nilgiri Tahrs., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wild boars., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..