Tiring day, I leap with joy, finally a chance to lie down
But nay, you stay waiting
For I am your prey
Before I close my eyes to pray, there you are with your annoying play
With dismay I watch you get away from the sway of my hand
Why are you always a day spoiler?
I say, with one spray I could get your life to decay
But you are so cunning I can never slay you
Yet you display yourself openly
It’s like you laugh as I portray my discomfort
Day spoiler, I can’t afford to stay awake
Today was busy tomorrow might turn out grey
If I don’t lay for the night
Okay you win
But some day it will be pay day
I will repay all the dismay you made me go through
Okay, go ahead now, play and replay every trick
But pay day is coming
I will slay you and get you out of the way
Fry you and array you in a tray full of burning coals
Then with glee I will sit back and enjoy
I may even write an essay and say hurray!
Beware mosquito, that day is at hand!
Tracee Olga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Mosquito by Tracee Olga )
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner