Dorian Petersen Potter
Dear God, Bring My Daddy Home
(Memorial Day Tribute poem)
Here I find myself crying,
Because my Daddy went to fight in this war, you see.
He told us not to worry to my mommy,
Brothers, sisters and to me too
But dear God today, I can't help it,
Because I do miss and love my daddy so much,
And you know, that he's such a nice guy
The best friend, husband and dad as such!
Around here they say that he was sent
Far away to fight in this war that's why,
For us all and other people's liberties too,
But he told us again not to tarry and cry.
He said to my mom that he'd soon be back,
But, he couldn't tell us the time or the day,
Or for how long he should be away but told
Us that God would provide always for us everyday
He told us, that he'll us keep us inside his heart
And that he would write us also a lot, wherever he was bound,
So Dear God, I'm here praying to you,
Protect him and bring him back safe and sound
My mom and I every night we kneel down to pray
For my daddy to do his job the best he can.
And dear God, please him! Help us! To win this war soon,
And please, don't forget to bring us back, my daddy!
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear God, Bring My Daddy Home by Dorian Petersen Potter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson
- Desert-haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- just searching..: -(, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Blame and aspersion are established on t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Heat of the Moment, Hannah Bryson Price
- Small Men & Small Hearts As Contemporary.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Genocide, Nassy Fesharaki
- 'Change! ' They Said By P.Lal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Memories, Sunny Chopra