I love you but I hate you.
You made mother cry, for you have failed to give her the life
Now she takes her anger out on us.
Is it really our fault that you become an alcoholic?
That you decided to make our life a living hell?
Does it make you happy to see us be broken?
I grew up lying to people about what kind of father I have.
To this day no one truly knows what kind of father I have.
I fear for people to meet you, I don’t want them to meet you
For I don’t want you to be here
I wish I didn’t have a father,
Life would be so much easier if you were gone
For I decided to not have a father anymore
So Dad I’m sorry but I refuse to be called your daughter
I refuse to live like this
I’m done pretending like I don’t hate you
So it was nice knowing you.
But I’m DONE with you!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Father by Marina Nothing )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
- (Adi Sankara) 07 Sankara's works, Rajaram Ramachandran
- (Adi Sankara) 06 A Guru was found, Rajaram Ramachandran
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Life Begins Again, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Good Soul, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Best Wishes My Love, Valentine Mbagu
- Relativity And Love, Sambanath Denis
- 2014, Joseph Archer
- For violating state law, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- De optelsom van al het Kwaad, Madrason writer
- Summer, Jordy lustig
- Once More, Ahmad Husain
- The Cry Of The Shadow, Bazi alis Subrata Ray