Dear diary please confide these words
Keep them locked and bound with chords
Of strongest steel e'er known to man
So prying eyes never can.
Dear diary I entrust to you
These secrets, of which I would rue
The day another learnt of them
And I sweat recording them in pen.
Dear diary I’m glad you cannot talk
For at my back you’d surely mock
The things I’ve done and felt inside
The times that I’ve been black or snide.
Dear diary I can only grieve
That I wear my heart not on my sleeve
But on your pages there in ink
And often when I’ve had a drink.
Dear diary I feel you’re not a friend
Who’ll keep my secrets till the end
But a risk to cause unwanted ire
So I consign you to the fire.
S.A. Blair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Diary by S.A. Blair )
- Fearsome route, gajanan mishra
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)