Dear diary please confide these words
Keep them locked and bound with chords
Of strongest steel e'er known to man
So prying eyes never can.
Dear diary I entrust to you
These secrets, of which I would rue
The day another learnt of them
And I sweat recording them in pen.
Dear diary I’m glad you cannot talk
For at my back you’d surely mock
The things I’ve done and felt inside
The times that I’ve been black or snide.
Dear diary I can only grieve
That I wear my heart not on my sleeve
But on your pages there in ink
And often when I’ve had a drink.
Dear diary I feel you’re not a friend
Who’ll keep my secrets till the end
But a risk to cause unwanted ire
So I consign you to the fire.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Diary by S.A. Blair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman
- False Prophets, Dexsta Ray
- scenic scene, lee fones
- Hold On, Ronald Chapman
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal
- SeeAn (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Jenny Cho (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Making It, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid