Today is the first day I can go anywhere.
I hope the scary people with stars aren't still there.
The Happy Girl,
The scary people with the stars aren't here anymore.
But there are even scarier soldiers going door to door.
The Afraid Girl,
I left the neighborhood, buildings are in ash and gravel.
But I still went and sat at the town center bell.
The Displeased Girl,
I found a journal it is so very small.
I found it in the remains of a old burnt wall.
The Curious Girl,
The journal is sad and very depressing.
This girl is sad, lonely, terror is manifesting.
The Sad Girl,
Did you know our country hurt people?
We cut and burned them on church steeples.
The Pained Girl,
Oh my what did we do, she is suffering!
Look at the horror our country can bring!
The Depressed Girl,
Pain, she is in pain, in a camp for killing.
The camp is for torture from the floor to ceiling.
The Angry Girl,
She couldn't escape she is dead...
Why Ann Frank and not me instead...
The Mourning Girl,
Zachary Clark's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Dairy, by Zachary Clark )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman