Today is the first day I can go anywhere.
I hope the scary people with stars aren't still there.
The Happy Girl,
The scary people with the stars aren't here anymore.
But there are even scarier soldiers going door to door.
The Afraid Girl,
I left the neighborhood, buildings are in ash and gravel.
But I still went and sat at the town center bell.
The Displeased Girl,
I found a journal it is so very small.
I found it in the remains of a old burnt wall.
The Curious Girl,
The journal is sad and very depressing.
This girl is sad, lonely, terror is manifesting.
The Sad Girl,
Did you know our country hurt people?
We cut and burned them on church steeples.
The Pained Girl,
Oh my what did we do, she is suffering!
Look at the horror our country can bring!
The Depressed Girl,
Pain, she is in pain, in a camp for killing.
The camp is for torture from the floor to ceiling.
The Angry Girl,
She couldn't escape she is dead...
Why Ann Frank and not me instead...
The Mourning Girl,
Zachary Clark's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Dairy, by Zachary Clark )
- because you doubted it, RIC S. BASTASA
- The curving world's edge (Passion Sonnet), Gert Strydom
- Could My Calm Coax You, Susan Lacovara
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame.., Gert Strydom
- The Implementation Is Seldom Unchanged, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)