Today is the first day I can go anywhere.
I hope the scary people with stars aren't still there.
The Happy Girl,
The scary people with the stars aren't here anymore.
But there are even scarier soldiers going door to door.
The Afraid Girl,
I left the neighborhood, buildings are in ash and gravel.
But I still went and sat at the town center bell.
The Displeased Girl,
I found a journal it is so very small.
I found it in the remains of a old burnt wall.
The Curious Girl,
The journal is sad and very depressing.
This girl is sad, lonely, terror is manifesting.
The Sad Girl,
Did you know our country hurt people?
We cut and burned them on church steeples.
The Pained Girl,
Oh my what did we do, she is suffering!
Look at the horror our country can bring!
The Depressed Girl,
Pain, she is in pain, in a camp for killing.
The camp is for torture from the floor to ceiling.
The Angry Girl,
She couldn't escape she is dead...
Why Ann Frank and not me instead...
The Mourning Girl,
Zachary Clark's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Dairy, by Zachary Clark )
- Transliteration of My Promise to You, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Why do You Love Me So Much?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sense of Discrimination, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Christ, the King Fights Our Wars, Dr John Celes
- Within The System, Katherine Nordhaus
- Another, Katelin Taylor
- Under my bed, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Words have power, gajanan mishra
- 001, Pijush Biswas
- The Stream called Love, Pranab K. Chakraborty
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)