Today is the first day I can go anywhere.
I hope the scary people with stars aren't still there.
The Happy Girl,
The scary people with the stars aren't here anymore.
But there are even scarier soldiers going door to door.
The Afraid Girl,
I left the neighborhood, buildings are in ash and gravel.
But I still went and sat at the town center bell.
The Displeased Girl,
I found a journal it is so very small.
I found it in the remains of a old burnt wall.
The Curious Girl,
The journal is sad and very depressing.
This girl is sad, lonely, terror is manifesting.
The Sad Girl,
Did you know our country hurt people?
We cut and burned them on church steeples.
The Pained Girl,
Oh my what did we do, she is suffering!
Look at the horror our country can bring!
The Depressed Girl,
Pain, she is in pain, in a camp for killing.
The camp is for torture from the floor to ceiling.
The Angry Girl,
She couldn't escape she is dead...
Why Ann Frank and not me instead...
The Mourning Girl,
Zachary Clark's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Dairy, by Zachary Clark )
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher