Dealing with Cobra
I remember when you weren't that big.
You moved swiftly on trees and sprigs.
Tongue was tiny, fangs were bantam.
Very small was your gland of venom.
But then also you were dangerous being.
Again and again I spotted you hissing.
I confronted you on that particular day.
Somehow managed to scare you away.
But again you've been sighted nearby.
You're hiding in bushes dense and high.
Now big in size with increased weight.
You have come to avenge and retaliate.
You are filled with vengeance and anger.
But all these days I wasn't idling either.
I found a teacher, while your fangs grew.
From mongoose I have learnt tricks few.
Md. Asadullah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dealing with Cobra by Md. Asadullah )
Did you read them?
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
- Facebook (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Lover Mother Lover, stephen ifill
- Event Horizon, Terence Murphy
- Cruel faces, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- With your memory, hasmukh amathalal
- Googly eyed, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- How Attractive Are You, Shaun Shane
- Daffodil, Shaun Shane
- 06 Perpetual Optimism, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- what i am, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)