dead is my love
Long has it been forgotten!
A life of passion and romance i once knew
Were love magically grew
And never was there a dull moment
But now no longer are my eyes filled with desire
When I see a guy I dream about
Now my heart no longer burns like an undying fire
How could I all of a sudden grow so cold?
Were did I go wrong
Was it all the pain I’ve been through?
Or was it all those that I caused pain
Why is that feeling I once knew gone
Is it normal am I the one to blame
Am I the loser in this love game!
I need to know it’s driving me insane
Can romance and passion really fade away?
Oh how I long to feel that love again
With every passionate kiss a granted wish
How I desire to feel that forgotten love I knew
Where I felt loved each and every day
And passion and romance filled my soul and heart
As a love between two people kept on growing strong
And nothing could ever take them apart
How I miss all of that as now dead is my feeling of love.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (dead is my love by yolandey breedt )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Don't Brake The Wings, Arno Le Roux
- They Said, Lonnie Hicks
- Taken As Directed., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy