De Wallen at Twilight
A Haiku Sequence
'Old Sichuan Cuisine'
between window brothels
I eat alone
from one window brothel
a street dog and I
surrounded by girls
in the window brothels...
me and the Oude Kerk
1 De Wallen is the largest and best known red-light district in Amsterdam and a major tourist attraction.
2 Sichuan cuisine is known for its spicy, tongue-numbing dishes.
3 Note: Founded in 1213, the Oude Kerk ('old church') is Amsterdam’s oldest
building and oldest parish church.
Poet Other Poems
- A Bittersweet Year of Travel, A Haiku Se...
- A Day at the Festival: A Haiku Sequence
- A Day in Her Shadowy Life for the New Po...
- A Dead Man Writing
- A Dedication To You, The Reader
- A Drunken Poem
- A Gendai Haiku About War
- A Haiku about a Deceased Friend
- A Haiku about a Drunk Poet on New Year's...
- A Haiku about a monarch butterfly
- A Haiku about Afghanistan's First Female...
- A Haiku About Anne Frank House
- A Haiku About Dark Thoughts
- A Haiku about Double Love Suicide
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.