De Wallen at Twilight
A Haiku Sequence
'Old Sichuan Cuisine'
between window brothels
I eat alone
from one window brothel
a street dog and I
surrounded by girls
in the window brothels...
me and the Oude Kerk
1 De Wallen is the largest and best known red-light district in Amsterdam and a major tourist attraction.
2 Sichuan cuisine is known for its spicy, tongue-numbing dishes.
3 Note: Founded in 1213, the Oude Kerk ('old church') is Amsterdam’s oldest
building and oldest parish church.
Chenou Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (De Wallen at Twilight by Chenou Liu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Believe In Love, Naveed Akram
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- A Perception Of Love., richard harris
- Poetry of Motion, Jack Growden
- GAZA غزة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- whats the point?, binod bastola
- If You Should Read This Poem, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Holy! Holy!, Naveed Khalid
- My Mother, Tony Adah
- Mutability, Naveed Khalid