De Wallen at Twilight
A Haiku Sequence
'Old Sichuan Cuisine'
between window brothels
I eat alone
from one window brothel
a street dog and I
surrounded by girls
in the window brothels...
me and the Oude Kerk
1 De Wallen is the largest and best known red-light district in Amsterdam and a major tourist attraction.
2 Sichuan cuisine is known for its spicy, tongue-numbing dishes.
3 Note: Founded in 1213, the Oude Kerk ('old church') is Amsterdam’s oldest
building and oldest parish church.
Chenou Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (De Wallen at Twilight by Chenou Liu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska
- A stain..., GRANT FRASER
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elia's Poem - A More Literal Tran.., Elia Michael
- Night Sonnet, Novica Tadić
- Asperger's is not a curse - it is just a.., Richard Allen Beevor