Silently screaming, down she goes,
Clawing the ground her branching toes.
Cracking of limbs is heard all around,
Breaking her back, she falls to the ground.
Axe held high, then terrible blows,
Another one down, down she goes.
Forests are falling with awful sighs.
Roots bare and open now to the skies.
No matter the cost trees must fall.
Soon there will be no tree at all.
Another one down, and down she goes,
Crash to the floor, yet nobody knows
Where it will end, rape of the trees
Is bringing nature to it's knees.
With deforestation - down she goes.
Lunacy governs - and how it shows!
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (De-forest-ation. by Fay Slimm )
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak