''Days of Rust...''
Land is barren & flowers lost scent,
Since the day that rose when You left me & went.
Heart is corroded & left with only dust,
Somehow I want to escape these Days of Rust....
The moon is same, the stars are bright.
But nothing seems to make my World back right.
You made me glow, You made me shine,
Those were the days when You were Mine.
I'm stuck up in the chasm of ''Now'' and ''Then'',
You pull me back when I climb again.
I cuddled You and pampered You with these very palms,
The lines of which have snatched You off my arms.
Your fathomless silence has slaughtered my will,
My soul is burning, My beats are still.
All I want to say is hear my plea and quench my thirst,
Because I want to escape these ''Days of Rust''....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (''Days of Rust...'' by Sujay Patekar )
- Passage for, hasmukh amathalal
- I Did Not Know, Jerome Chukwuemeka Edwin
- Simply Spoken Life, Heather Burns
- Did You Ever Love Me, Peter S. Quinn
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
- Haiku...Highway Heart Race, Ken e Hall
- Guaman Poma, Nassy Fesharaki
- Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- Dedicated To You, Robin Williams-Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- ....... .. Gun Control Is As Easy As This, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)