Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
Day Unto Day.....Who Is On The Lord's Side?
Day unto day, the loudspeaker bare its sound,
Sow the seed of faith and the seed of blessing.
Empty trays passing from hand to hand all round,
Ending its acceleration with the man in lavish dressing.
Day unto day we hear the same message again,
Same process of knocking trays in the pews.
Dare you sow little and be looked upon with disdain,
Your treatment amidst the congregations like that of Jews.
So, day upon day, we sing with loud voices,
In the night, we carry our guns and collect our shares.
In the day, we change a zero to twelve zeros without choices,
For we must retain on Sunday our comfy chairs.
Day unto day who's on the Lord's side?
We are on the Lord's side tough like weeds.
Enormous wealth is the wheel on which the evangelism can only ride,
For no matter what we do we still sow the seeds.
Give a Bible and forget about the seeds and suits,
But I forgot that a Bible can not buy a jet.
Stop telling us the impressive stories wrapped like sweets,
But then to woo us, your lips must be wet.
Just like the Messiah told his true apostles then,
The blind leading the blinds into the abysmal pit of hell.
In their darkness unto darkness to the dark den.
I would rather than joining the queue jump into a deep well.
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Day Unto Day.....Who Is On The Lord's Side? by Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer )
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart condition, Ibrar Siddiqi
- A Poet's Echo, Nate Flying Owl
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
- He was a carpenter. He worked with wood., Royston Allen
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)