Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
Day Unto Day.....Who Is On The Lord's Side?
Day unto day, the loudspeaker bare its sound,
Sow the seed of faith and the seed of blessing.
Empty trays passing from hand to hand all round,
Ending its acceleration with the man in lavish dressing.
Day unto day we hear the same message again,
Same process of knocking trays in the pews.
Dare you sow little and be looked upon with disdain,
Your treatment amidst the congregations like that of Jews.
So, day upon day, we sing with loud voices,
In the night, we carry our guns and collect our shares.
In the day, we change a zero to twelve zeros without choices,
For we must retain on Sunday our comfy chairs.
Day unto day who's on the Lord's side?
We are on the Lord's side tough like weeds.
Enormous wealth is the wheel on which the evangelism can only ride,
For no matter what we do we still sow the seeds.
Give a Bible and forget about the seeds and suits,
But I forgot that a Bible can not buy a jet.
Stop telling us the impressive stories wrapped like sweets,
But then to woo us, your lips must be wet.
Just like the Messiah told his true apostles then,
The blind leading the blinds into the abysmal pit of hell.
In their darkness unto darkness to the dark den.
I would rather than joining the queue jump into a deep well.
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Day Unto Day.....Who Is On The Lord's Side? by Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Let us not fail, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Luo Zhihai
- Ang Mulugkhw, Swrji Basumatary
- Hounds, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- Decide and follow, hasmukh amathalal
- If luck ends, hasmukh amathalal
- Love grants, hasmukh amathalal
- Figure out, hasmukh amathalal
- For our crimes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lone In The Jungle., Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..