Ho Xuan Huong
Day Sleeping Girl
Summer breeze is sporadically blowing,
Lying down the young girl slides into sleeping.
Her bamboo comb loosely attached to her hair,
Her pink bra below her waist dropped down fair.
On these two Elysian mounds, the nectar is still remaining,
In that one Fairy rivulet, the current seems to stop flowing.
At such a view, the gentleman hesitated,
Odd to leave, yet inconvenient if he stayed.
Ho Xuan Huong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Day Sleeping Girl by Ho Xuan Huong )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- there's a pretty plum sky and then there.., Mandolyn ...
- Revealed, John Onyeme
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hatred Is Black, Rich Reitz
- EVERY ACTION ITS REACTION لكل فعل ردة فعله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Happiness Is Gold, Rich Reitz