You're my fortress;
You're my strength.
You're my deliever;
You're my redeemer.
I will never fall, nor
Faulter. You are the
Rock upon which I
Place my stand.
Yes, you will protect,
Preserve, and defend me.
You will deliever me from
My trials and tribulations.
You're so wonderful; so
Grand. My feet need
Never lay in sinking
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I frequently took words and phrases from the Bible to help lead, and guide me on my own poetic journey. Maybe you would like to come along?
Wasn't King David really having a very hard time? Maybe you could find the comfort you need in the books of Psalms, and Proverbs.
Comments about this poem (David's Honor by Roxanne Dubarry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- An Evergreen's Aubade, Maurice Whyte
- The Love Of God, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- A SHADOW IN DAKNESS, ROCHISH MON
- Flaming Desire, Pijush Biswas
- Reasons for Defeat, Maurice Whyte
- Meadow, Aftab Alam
- Desirable Someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Caged Bird, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Rainbows, Phil Soar
- A Brief History of History, Zillur Rahman Shuvro