When he was young
people loved David at first sight-
loved him until they came to hate him, that is, ,
beauty often willing to bestow itself
but rarely to share.
When he grew old
people hated David at first sight-
hated him until they came to love him, that is-
having no more beauty to bestow
at last he learned to share.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (David by Morgan Michaels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- moon -haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- The Right Time, Sandra Feldman
- Forces at Play, Liilia Talts Morrison
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman