When he was young
people loved David at first sight-
loved him until they came to hate him, that is, ,
beauty often willing to bestow itself
but rarely to share.
When he grew old
people hated David at first sight-
hated him until they came to love him, that is-
having no more beauty to bestow
at last he learned to share.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (David by Morgan Michaels )
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris