Darts of intrigue
A shadow from hell in swanky song
Boiling the mind and fiery tongue
With pelting evil the heart has spun
Firing darts of nervy intrigue.
Darts at the heart where love dwells,
The arrow of lives speeds into heaven
But hate is the deep unfathomable wells
Descend into murky drumbeats again.
Humanity wrapped in black shroud
Drama comes with the intrigue of mirth,
But values are forgotten in diminish gold,
Exchange integrity for lesser worth.
We are friends here on the earth,
With weakling hands amides the bliss
Surviving on borrowed time and breath
We exchange fleeting kisses.
Going further back to where the soul reaches,
By creating hands from the ground
Until we are so weak in dangling ditches,
We cannot make a single sound.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Darts of intrigue by Gerry Legister )
Did you read them?
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah
- Words Worn-Out, Birgitta Heikka
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal