Darts of intrigue
A shadow from hell in swanky song
Boiling the mind and fiery tongue
With pelting evil the heart has spun
Firing darts of nervy intrigue.
Darts at the heart where love dwells,
The arrow of lives speeds into heaven
But hate is the deep unfathomable wells
Descend into murky drumbeats again.
Humanity wrapped in black shroud
Drama comes with the intrigue of mirth,
But values are forgotten in diminish gold,
Exchange integrity for lesser worth.
We are friends here on the earth,
With weakling hands amides the bliss
Surviving on borrowed time and breath
We exchange fleeting kisses.
Going further back to where the soul reaches,
By creating hands from the ground
Until we are so weak in dangling ditches,
We cannot make a single sound.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Darts of intrigue by Gerry Legister )
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- After Making Love We Hear Footsteps, Galway Kinnell
- Blackberry Eating, Galway Kinnell
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns