'Darshan' - An English poem but no english word for this.
I was sleepless, and then morning dawned.
In the middle of dark well before dawn.
I finally stumbled on the meaning of the word "Darshan"
I do not seek love, lust, flesh, or anything such.
A relationship finally boils down to "Darshan"
Seeing the self in you.
Hindu Devotees que up for hours to see the lords diety and the sight of the lords diety is called "Darshan". The Word "Darshan" is also associated with the connotation of Philosophy, example Jeevan Darshan or the philosophy of life, the way of life where the word Jeevan in hindi means life.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Darshan' - An English poem but no english word for this. by Hardik Vaidya )
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
- An African Woman I am... a Blessing or a.., Vivian Muciri
- You are Everywhere!, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)