'Darshan' - An English poem but no english word for this.
I was sleepless, and then morning dawned.
In the middle of dark well before dawn.
I finally stumbled on the meaning of the word "Darshan"
I do not seek love, lust, flesh, or anything such.
A relationship finally boils down to "Darshan"
Seeing the self in you.
Hindu Devotees que up for hours to see the lords diety and the sight of the lords diety is called "Darshan". The Word "Darshan" is also associated with the connotation of Philosophy, example Jeevan Darshan or the philosophy of life, the way of life where the word Jeevan in hindi means life.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Darshan' - An English poem but no english word for this. by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Driving Me Crazy! !, Damian Murphy
- For The Maids Of Chibok, Simpa omoluabi
- Sakura Park, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Share This Space, Jon M. Nelson
- Rain at Reading, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- A Special Mother, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Fallen Soldier Table, Jon M. Nelson
- Meteors, Ronald Chapman
- Snake-fire, gajanan mishra
- On Leaving the Bachelorette Brunch, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon