Slowly winter's darkness lessens,
Solstice gloom abates;
As it does our spirit freshens,
Attains enlivened states.
Pale snowdrop blossom
In a landscape softened
By replenished light.
As nature quickens,
Grows lushly verdant,
Keenly our mind anticipates
A Springtime bloom that scintillates.
Stephen Wylie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness Lessens by Stephen Wylie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Don't Leave Me Alone, love green
- The Cry and Smile, Meena Somasundaram
- My First Lover, love green
- Learn To Be More Appreciative, Ronell Warren Alman
- Comprehend, Sadiqullah Khan
- Don't Pretend, love green
- You Whip-Tongued, Sadiqullah Khan
- Through Thick and Thin, Sadiqullah Khan
- You're Not A Man At All, love green
- Eternity Calls..., John Ugolo Umah