Sirkka Rikky Hedimbi
Darkness scares me
but it's not the darkness that scares me
it's the demos and creatures that crawl in darkness that scares me.
I can hear them call out my name
in small quite, scary whispers,
whispers that reach out to my core and bring out my greatest fear
fear that i'll one day get stuck in this darkness.
I'm scared of the darkness that only surrounds me
when everyone else is surrounded by nothing but light
no one sees the darkness besides myself
no one sees the scars and wounds caused by the demons and creatures of the darkness.
no one hears my screams as i cry for help
no one but the but the darkness it's self.
The demons and creatures of the darkness are getting closer.
they want to tear me apart
i cry for help
i cry for a helping hand
i cry and scream for someone to hear me
but no one seem to hear me cry in agony for help
no one sees my scares
no one sees my tears of blood that are passed due
and no one sees the fear written all over my face, as the demons and creatures of the darkness start to take over and cover me with nothing but darkness.
It's pitch black and i can't be saved
Because it's too late
for darkness with its demons and creatures have finally taken over.
leaving me broken and damaged.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
All i want is to be fixed and set free from this darkness that has taken over.
This poem is dedicated to the girl that i once was, before the darkness took over.
Comments about this poem (Darkness by Sirkka Rikky Hedimbi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2015, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra
- Jadavpur And The Adda of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Governor-Chancellor, I Am A Jadavpuria.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Jadavpur Campus, The Naxal And His Love .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Eternal Joys, ramesh rai