Bidyut Jyoti Sarma
You want to be close to me
But don't ask me about the
Colours of my life.
Melancholies of night are my favourite identity.
Don't show me a dream
Because I got my first lesson of life
Inside the ribs of my mother's chest.
I am not habituated with dreams!
Don't ask me about the
Colours of love,
Neither flamboyance blown up in my heart
Nor I know the colour of Golden Shower!
I don't know how long a root of faith can sprout,
I never stepped on the valley of relationship!
I have an inborn practice of
Having an affair with darkness!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness by Bidyut Jyoti Sarma )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Ballade [I die of thirst beside the foun.., François Villon
- To Rosemounde, Geoffrey Chaucer
- Jo aashiqui me sarvsrestha hota hai, Sumit Rawat
- Amor vincit omnia, Suhail Kakorvi
- Stilling to North, Arthur Sze
- Counting the Days, Leonard Champlin
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver
- Ars Poetica (cocoons), Dana Levin