Bidyut Jyoti Sarma
You want to be close to me
But don't ask me about the
Colours of my life.
Melancholies of night are my favourite identity.
Don't show me a dream
Because I got my first lesson of life
Inside the ribs of my mother's chest.
I am not habituated with dreams!
Don't ask me about the
Colours of love,
Neither flamboyance blown up in my heart
Nor I know the colour of Golden Shower!
I don't know how long a root of faith can sprout,
I never stepped on the valley of relationship!
I have an inborn practice of
Having an affair with darkness!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness by Bidyut Jyoti Sarma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Friend, Alfred Oyori
- Offer Peacefully, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Seven Eleven, Nassy Fesharaki
- Synonyms For POET, Adriana Avila
- A Poem A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, Adriana Avila
- She looks Like a Princess, Rohit Sapra
- Just as I am., Roxanne Dubarry
- Winter night, Tom Squires