Bidyut Jyoti Sarma
You want to be close to me
But don't ask me about the
Colours of my life.
Melancholies of night are my favourite identity.
Don't show me a dream
Because I got my first lesson of life
Inside the ribs of my mother's chest.
I am not habituated with dreams!
Don't ask me about the
Colours of love,
Neither flamboyance blown up in my heart
Nor I know the colour of Golden Shower!
I don't know how long a root of faith can sprout,
I never stepped on the valley of relationship!
I have an inborn practice of
Having an affair with darkness!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness by Bidyut Jyoti Sarma )
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
- Queen of Hearts, Tania Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)