My dream starts up, beams
to make my sad heart awake
and dance in time hushed too long,
the longed for song; hope, love, faith
Who smiles there? A stray spirit
A lovely woman perhaps?
Soul in air, speak, who are you?
Your appearance, what portends?
Your face does seem familiar
If only I knew your name
If only I knew......
When bad tidings this way come
When storm clouds amass
Stern commands are then given:
Form stanzas and syllables
Poems, display and all obey
The dark words sent, blank page slayed
The words in dark skies born, charged
bolts that never miss the truth
Your name, savior? Nemesis?
As halcyon days in spring,
vision in this ray, floatin',
for me; know not but decay
One arm upraised in a prayer
Seal the unforgiven past
Hold a pen to quell regret
Mercy, wings stretched broad across
to shield and free from torment
To protect my reveries
from turnin' into painful
Your name, tell now or depart!
'I am that which you know well
(Selective self delusion
only a heartbeat away)
A part of you, part of all
(Wicked, wicked ways
and choices made, must be paid)
One of the unforgiven
(Never is as is,
a really long time)
Mother of Dark Words
(For stones that were thrown
atonement is a......) '
My dream starts up, streams
to force my sad heart on course
and march in time at last heard,
the longed for words of darkness
© 2013 Cowboy Coleridge All rights reserved
MacGregor Tagliaferro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dark Muse by MacGregor Tagliaferro )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- On My Walmart Chair, Juan Olivarez
- White Beauty in Love with Green Apples, Harindhar Reddy
- Searching the snake catcher.(humor}, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mizzle, Juan Olivarez
- I Found Life vis-à-vis Washing Machine, Harindhar Reddy
- Your Life Together, Bill Galvin
- When Your Heaven Called, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- साज मिटाना होगा - a spurrier that must b.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Peaceful living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace in the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..