In the death of this mind,
many dream you will find.
Not one of them good,
not one divine.
In this, the heart of the demons land,
this is where I plant the seed.
The seeds of doubt, that formed this land,
have made chains unseen,
to bind me to this mind.
The devil sits and I by his side
smile as the lost souls die.
I listen to tormented screams
and anguished cries of pain
yet I still mix the pot
with the iron chain.
In the death of this mind
many thing you will find.
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark Mind by maria goodison )
- I am complete in your arms.., Manish Guru
- She, Akhtar Jawad
- Lunch, anthony henriques
- A thoughtless god, Solomon Marshall
- Mukkamal Hoon tumhare Daman mein, Manish Guru
- The Stroke of one person who lie, clawdea benat
- The love which endures the pains is too .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- < He >, Aparna Chatterjee
- Never Losing Sight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collectively Protecting America, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- November, Thomas Hood
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 12 Lines, Gordon David
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1915 - 2000)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns