There she stands
On the marble dais
Long limbs, smooth hands
Towards unseen shadows.
A perfect perfection
Of an artist’s sight,
In lean fingers,
Flat abdomen, entwined legs.
Epitome of lust,
Or perhaps too fiery passion she is
A woman not identified by history.
The sheen of bronze
With deep luster of age,
Skin flawless and smooth
Polished by lovers’ homage.
In that cathedral of art,
She has a corner,
A quiet one, a light one
With glass windows clashing on every edge.
When sun comes up
And when it goes down
A single ray falls on it,
Like a tribute, an entreaty
It graces and glows on the lady.
Nothing she wears
Except for her bronze skin,
In the form of love
At its eternal sin.
A face oval, slant eyes
And the lips that are parted
On the verge of a sigh
Of a deserted lovers touch,
Or a sensual dream
Which imprints much on heart.
The tendrils hanging on her face
Are too a shade of bronze ringlet
And the sun sparks in it a life
This comes after such wrenching
Immortalized by a lovers touch,
Even if he suffered such heart ache and death,
But he carved his paramour away.
On piece of metal,
Lifeless and dark
Epitome of grace
Of love of life
She stands there
A lover, a wife.
Watching her gives a pleasure heady,
Like making love,
Or loving a sin,
She returns the eerie
The mistress, the temptress
A lover’s dark lady.
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dark Lady by Lucifera Santez )
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)