There they lie ‘neath silver clouds
Dappled gold, dappled gold,
Wrapped in iridescent shrouds
Oh so cold, oh so cold.
Run your fingers through the sand
Damp with tears, damp with tears,
Try to reach them, hold their hand
Quell their fears, quell their fears.
Do we dare to speak their name
Whisper low, whisper low,
Close your eyes and feel their pain
Let them go, let them go.
There beneath the moon above
Don’t you cry, don’t you cry,
Feel their never ending love
As you sigh, as you sigh.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dappled Gold by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA