Dancing under the Moonlight
Let the stars fly away and leave the moon shining,
With You and I dancing under the light until morning,
Hear the music playing to the tune of your heartbeat
Spiral waltz into the atmosphere in the circle of heat.
Swing under the moonlight and be lost in love’s delight,
Souls in unison, while shaking, and twisting in the night,
Fantasy performed in the body moving from side to side,
Magical pleasure the souvenirs reminisce with pride.
Imagine the night where the moon glows in a fountain
The tiniest lives from natures hive paddle in the ripples,
Lift the mind into the songs with picturesque scenes.
And you smile in that moment to cast a wishful token,
With one great look into faith at dreams destiny create,
The amazing aura in which your desire can participate,
Leaving moves in photos to embrace the ambiance found.
Being romantic; the party stood silhouette around,
Shadows swing from the walls unto the dance floor,
You hear the sound but your body cries out for more.
Into the moonlight the eyes are blinded by heavenly bliss,
And the glittering stars appear again in the halo of a kiss.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dancing under the Moonlight by Gerry Legister )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Sciences Take xx xxx xx Original .., Lee Mack
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila
- The Main Ingredient, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Missing From Action, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 12 Poems (English) from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Owl & Handbag, sheena blackhall
- Lighthouse, sheena blackhall
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter