Dancing under the Moonlight
Let the stars fly away and leave the moon shining,
With You and I dancing under the light until morning,
Hear the music playing to the tune of your heartbeat
Spiral waltz into the atmosphere in the circle of heat.
Swing under the moonlight and be lost in love’s delight,
Souls in unison, while shaking, and twisting in the night,
Fantasy performed in the body moving from side to side,
Magical pleasure the souvenirs reminisce with pride.
Imagine the night where the moon glows in a fountain
The tiniest lives from natures hive paddle in the ripples,
Lift the mind into the songs with picturesque scenes.
And you smile in that moment to cast a wishful token,
With one great look into faith at dreams destiny create,
The amazing aura in which your desire can participate,
Leaving moves in photos to embrace the ambiance found.
Being romantic; the party stood silhouette around,
Shadows swing from the walls unto the dance floor,
You hear the sound but your body cries out for more.
Into the moonlight the eyes are blinded by heavenly bliss,
And the glittering stars appear again in the halo of a kiss.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dancing under the Moonlight by Gerry Legister )
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid